Book Depository @Hong Kong Intl' Book Fair
Terms and Conditions:
1. In order to benefit from the offer and receive 5% off all books from the Book Depository within the Offer Period customers should enter the code “HK5” when completing their purchase.
2. Voucher valid from 18 July 2022 to 31 July 2022 inclusive (the “Offer Period”).
3. Voucher is only valid for customers in Hong Kong.
4. Vouchers are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
5. Vouchers cannot be used with any other voucher.
6. Vouchers cannot be retrospectively applied to pre-existing orders.
7. The Book Depository Limited retains the right to end this promotion without notice.
8. The Book Depository’s Terms and Conditions apply.
- If you are in Hong Kong: Book your seat for the seminars (free ticket, limited seats available) CLICK HERE
- If you live outside Hong Kong (or cannot attend in person): Join our Instagram and Facebook lives on 20th and 21st July (see times below).
Every seminar will be followed by a live Q&A session where you will be able to ask authors some questions!
Seminars will Take Place at HKCEC and Instagram & Facebook Lives. Join us now!
When? July 20th (Wed) at:
18:30pm - 20:00pm HKT
20:30pm - 22:00pm Sydney Time
12:30pm - 14:00pm CEST
3.30am - 5:00am Pacific Time
When? July 20th (Wed) at:
16:00pm - 17:00pm HKT
18:00pm - 19:00pm Sydney Time
10:00am - 11:00am CEST
1:00am - 2:00am Pacific Time
When? July 21st (Thu) at:
18:00pm - 19:30pm HKT
20:00pm - 21:30pm Sydney Time
12:00pm - 13:30pm CEST
3:00am - 4:30am Pacific Time
Official Rules: Register to our Newsletter during the 2022 Hong Kong International Book Fair period for a Chance to Win a Book Bundle1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. The prize draw is run by The Book Depository Limited whose registered office is situated at 1 Principal Place, Worship Street, London, EC2A 2FA (the “Promoter”).
3. To enter, entrants must register to Book Depository’s newsletter during the book fair duration period between 20 – 26 July 2022 (“Entry”) via the newsletter registration box appearing at the end of the homepage (www.bookdepository.com).
4. Each entrant must:
be at least 21 years of age; and
not be an Excluded Person (as defined below).
5. Employees, contractors, directors, officers, and agents of the Promoter, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies involved with the Contest, and immediate family members and persons of employees, officers, agents and directors of Promoter living in their same household ("Excluded Person(s)"), are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
6. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the Contest closing date. All entries shall become the property of the Promoter, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
7. The prize draw is open to residents of Hong Kong only.
8. The Promoter will select ONE (1) winner at random from all newsletter entries received (“Winners”). All decisions of the Promoter are final and binding. The Promoter will not enter into correspondence about the choice of Winner.
9. The Winner will be contacted via email before 30 July 2022. The notification will be sent to the same email address that the entrant used to enter the Contest. If the selected Winner does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
10. The winner will be entitled to one book bundle valued at 1,000 HKD from the Book Depository catalogue (subject to any availability and related restrictions applicable to the country in which you are accessing the Promoter’s catalogue and subject to Promoter’s General Terms and Conditions, a copy of which can be found at /help/topic/HelpId/19/Terms-and-Conditions#helpContent). The Prize must be claimed by each Winner before 15 August 2022. The winner will send the Promoter a list of books to be received for the Prize and the Promoter will place the order for the winner and notify them of the order ID via email.
11. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Promoter reserves the right to change these rules or terminate or cancel the Contest and/or these Official Rules at any time, at its sole discretion.
12. The Promoter does not exclude or limit its liability for personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, by law, be limited or excluded. The Promoter accepts no liability in relation to an entrant's participation (or inability to participate) in this Contest, including without limitation any use made by any of the Winners of (or inability to use) their respective prizes, to the maximum extent permitted by law. Without prejudice to that general exclusion, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss of income, profits, sales or damage to reputation, incurred by any entrant. Further, and to the extent allowed under applicable law, Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, incorrect, or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Contest or by any technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. Promoter's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person and entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g ' prize draw entry' website/company) will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Contest if, in its sole judgement, the entrant has not complied with these terms and conditions, has tampered with the operation of the Contest, or has engaged in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to The Promoter, the Contest, or any other entrant.
14. By entering the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their names and email for publicity purposes in all media created or shared by Promoter in connection with the Contest, without payment or compensation.
15. Ownership of the pre-existing underlying intellectual property of the entrant remains the property of the entrant subject to Promoter’s rights to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit an entry for the purpose of administering and promoting the Contest and for Promoter’s marketing and advertising purposes. By participating in the Contest, each entrant grants to Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable license to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit (including the right to make derivative works of) the Entry and materials and information submitted on and in connection with the Contest or use or receipt of the Prize for any and all purposes in any medium. Each participating entrant hereby warrants that any Entry and other materials and information provided by entrant are original and do not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and do not violate any rules or regulations. If the Entry or information or materials provided by entrant contain any material or elements that are not owned by entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, entrant represents he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the Entry and information or materials, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use and exploitation of the Entry and information and materials by Promoter in the manner set forth in the Official Rules without additional compensation. Entrant agrees that Promoter has the right to verify the ownership and originality of all Entries and that, upon Promoter’s request, entrant must submit a written copy of any release or permission entrant has received from a third party granting entrant the right to use such property. Entrant understands and acknowledges that in the event entrant’s ownership, rights and the originality of the Entry cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Promoter or is in any other way ineligible, Promoter may select an alternate Winner based on the same judging criteria.
16. Except where prohibited by law, this Contest and its Official Rules, and any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any Prize awarded and the enforceability of these Official Rules, are governed by English law and are subject to all applicable laws and regulations of the United Kingdom. The entire mandatory law of the country in which the participant has his habitual residence remains applicable.
18. The Promoter has organised this prize draw in good faith and does not accept liability relating to the prize.
19. Entry to the Contest is conditional on acceptance of these Official Rules, any amendments to them and the decisions of the Promoter, which are final and binding in all respects.